POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D : Re: Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:36:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D
From: yesbird
Date: 7 Feb 2023 08:10:00
Message: <web.63e24c64ef540dd7164c19e610800fb2@news.povray.org>
> I wanted to do something a bit more challenging than the floating rocks and
> islands (but super interested in getting a bunch of those going)
> Of course "a bit" tends to get me deep into the weeds at every turn.

Don't you think about using some external tools, just for reference and
experiments ? Yesterday I googled about photogrammetry and found some popular
open-source, like: https://micmac.ensg.eu/index.php/Accueil

> He also drew/painted an amazing cloud formation on
> Like it is  YES   at he Mesa Arts Center 2 CD & DVD set

These clouds ?
https://www.facebook.com/sergey.yanenko.37
:)))

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.592d5ce4fb337a11c437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.5
92
> d5ce4fb337a11c437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E

That reminds me some Dali's paintings:
https://www.salvador-dali.org/en/artwork/catalogue-raisonne-paintings/obra/371/enigmatic-elements-in-a-landscape

Please notify me about any updates, I am impressed and very interested.