POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Empty value for variable : Re: Empty value for variable Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Empty value for variable
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Feb 2023 14:10:00
Message: <web.63e150485d560c741f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Sorry, solution was:
> -------------------
> _vector(1,,    ) // OK
> -------------------
> Number of commas is matter
>
> --
> YB

Yes, and that's why I find that method awkward.

There's also no way to write a macro with a variable number of arguments - it
has to be fixed.

But now that we have dynamic arrays, and indeed, mixed arrays, I think I'd opt
for passing an array of arguments in, and then having the macro analyze and
process the array.

We still don't have any means of checking what the data type is without aborting
the parsing phase with an error, so just be aware of that as well.

- BE