POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Diversion : Re: Diversion Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:52:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diversion
From: Chris R
Date: 6 Feb 2023 10:10:00
Message: <web.63e117cc3d612ace14557d745cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
>

> > Here's the version with camera blur.  I'm using the camera35mm.inc from Edouard
> > Poor, but I'm not sure if I believe a 35mm focal length with f6.5 would
> > introduce that much blur.
> >

> That is really gorgeous, especially the lighting. If not for the suspended ball
> (with no movement blur), it looks like a beautiful real-life photo. And I agree
> about the focal blur; seems that a 35mm lens would be sharper even at a lower
> f-stop value. (I used to use a Minolta 35mm film camera-- which I miss.)

With the lighting, one of the things I've learned is that off-camera objects and
lights can enhance the realism of a scene greatly.  If you look at the glass on
the right side of the table you can see the reflection of a window, and I have
sunlight coming through that window.  There is also a ceiling lamp in a room
behind the camera, and a table lamp to the left of the camera.

In a view pulled back further from the table, you can see the sunlight on the
floor.  In this closeup view, the light from the floor lamp overwhelms it, but
you do notice it in the reflections and if you look closely at the wall further
away from the lamps.

-- Chris R.