POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animation Output_File_Name to point to a subfolder : Re: Animation Output_File_Name to point to a subfolder Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:43:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Output_File_Name to point to a subfolder
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Feb 2023 12:30:00
Message: <web.63de9560837f229d9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
[Running v3.8.0 beta 1 in Windows 10]
For my own animations, I use the following line in the master povray.ini file--
with *backward* slash marks, and no file extension-- to put all of my image
renders into one folder:

Output_File_Name=C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\Kens_POV_Ray_rendered_IMAGES\

No double-quotes needed-- unless there is a space in one of the folder names,
then the entire name would need the quotes like this:

Output_File_Name="C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\Kens POV-Ray rendered IMAGES\"

If I recall, at some point in the past there was a discussion about backward
slashes vs. forward ones re: Windows. I don't exactly remember why I settled on
using the backward variety. :-[  Except that it works, ha.

BTW, I also have v3.7.0 installed. I took a look at its povray.ini file, and I
use the same syntax there.

I hope this helps.