POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Enabling debug output to console under Windows : Re: Enabling debug output to console under Windows Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:56:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enabling debug output to console under Windows
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 4 Feb 2023 11:10:00
Message: <web.63de82f56feb0ae992a18f0689db30a9@news.povray.org>
"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I'm gonna get you a pendant that reads "Pedant".
> Thanks, this is a part of the profession )
>
> > This is "fun", eh?
> No doubt )
>
> Final word: number of hyphens are matter - threshold is 14:
>
> #declare s_ = "--------------";  // This works
> #declare s_ = "---------------"; // This not

I just tested in the official Windows v3.7:
If there are several lines with 15 or more minuses, the first one is
converted to a solid horizontal line and the others are not shown.
It might be a feature - but I would consider it to be a bug.

Also, if you do not add a "\n" after the last debug line, it is
not shown.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com