POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bitwise operators corrupting SDL parse-time execution of POV-Ray? : Re: Bitwise operators corrupting SDL parse-time execution of POV-Ray? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:41:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bitwise operators corrupting SDL parse-time execution of POV-Ray?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Feb 2023 19:15:00
Message: <web.63dda2a9835744611f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> You can fix this by assigning data and len to new local variables within
> SuperFastHash(), and using only those new variables.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

I got snookered by this *AGAIN* !!!

Thank you, Richard.
jr and I grappled with this maddening behaviour before, but I forgot   :(

Any idea if I can modify the code to only give positive results?
Bitshift to the right by one position to clean the sign bit?