POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh rendering artifacts : Re: Mesh rendering artifacts Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:02:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Feb 2023 06:35:00
Message: <web.63db9fc6249f00761f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > And then I see the YesShows album cover!   WooHoo!
> > As jr would say, "I'm chuffed!"
> > Yes is easily at the top of the list of my favorite bands of all time.
>
> Unbelievable ! I didn't expected to find yesfun here, on 3D math forum. I am mad
> about Yes and Roger Dean from schooldays and even trying to follow his style. My
> dream-of-the-life is making full-format 3D animation by "Tales from Topographic
> Oceans" with original music.

That would be sick.  I've listened to that album in its entirety countless
times.

https://www.dimensions-math.org/

https://www.chaos-math.org/en.html

I've made a few animations before - but an entire 2 hours done with nothing but
POV-Ray    :O

> Although I am mastering ZBrush and Cinema4D, the amount of work is frightens me,
> and I am stopped at simple 2D sprite animations:
> https://yesbird.ru/

Very cool.  You should check out Inigo Quilez of Shadertoy on YouTube and
Martijn Steinrucker (YT; Art of Code) - they both do some amazing graphics and
animation work starting from almost nothing.