POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : isosurface: Does the order of multiple functions matter? : Re: isosurface: Does the order of multiple functions matter? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 22:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface: Does the order of multiple functions matter?
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Jan 2023 10:40:00
Message: <web.63d540fc9b90547b9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> you could supply some integer corresponding to eg a #case via the command-line,
> using the "declare=myInt=N" option switch.

That's interesting; I didn't think of it. Thanks.

> re the function stuff (sticking my neck out :-)), I'd say 'A + B' will be
> evaluated as per the expression (parser) syntax:
> <https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Numeric_Expressions#Operators>

"( )  expressions in parentheses first"

Apparently, that doesn't work in my function example:

     + (BUMPS_F(x,y,z)*.5)

...again makes no difference when switched around in the function order. If I'm
writing it correctly.

It does seem that the entire set of functions is evaluated 'all at once',
regardless.