POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : isosurface: Does the order of multiple functions matter? : Re: isosurface: Does the order of multiple functions matter? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface: Does the order of multiple functions matter?
From: jr
Date: 28 Jan 2023 05:45:00
Message: <web.63d4fc0e9b90547bfbdc16836cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> ... but I want the
> top-of-code selection process to be relatively easy-- something like
>               #declare FUNCTION_ORDER= <C,A,D,B>;
> .... and without having to make multiple copies of the functions for all of the
> different permutations.
>
> Any ideas?

you could supply some integer corresponding to eg a #case via the command-line,
using the "declare=myInt=N" option switch.

re the function stuff (sticking my neck out :-)), I'd say 'A + B' will be
evaluated as per the expression (parser) syntax:
<https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Numeric_Expressions#Operators>

regards, jr.