POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color changes with declared 'finish' : Re: Color changes with declared 'finish' Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:56:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color changes with declared 'finish'
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Jan 2023 07:05:00
Message: <web.63d11a28a73171da1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Can't figure out while I am getting different object's colors when using

> Could anyone please explain this behavior ?
> Scene in attachment.

It's early, and I'm headed out.
I'm at the stage where I'm rendering both versions, and they look the same to
me.
I'm just commenting out the relevant code in the same code block, but switch
case break end would be a good swapping strategy for intentional "version"
switching.

no need for the "color" keyword - it's completely superfluous.

#declare finish_default = finish {phong 1 reflection {0.10 metallic 0.4} }

#declare tex_pink = texture { //Polished_Chrome
          pigment{ checker rgb <8.00, 2.00, 3.00> rgb <8.00, 2.00, 3.00>  }
          //finish {phong 1 reflection {0.10 metallic 0.4} }
          finish { finish_default }
  }

Maybe do a difference with a plane, and assign one texture version to the left
side, and the other to the right, with the inverse difference (or an
intersection with a box) and compare side by side in the same render.