POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender : Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:37:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender
From: Kenneth
Date: 17 Jan 2023 22:30:00
Message: <web.63c766f113ac33282eadabda6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> It would be interesting to see this same scene denoised but without the original
> focal blur--

Oops, what I meant to say was, *with* focal blur (and the inherent noise of low
blur samples) but so that the depth-of-field is much wider and not soft-focus
(if that makes sense.) In other words, noisy but not actually blurry-looking.
I'm wondering if the denoiser can distinguish the ground pattern in the
foreground from the same un-blurred smaller pattern in the receding distance.