POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle - are we bored yet? : Re: Crackle - are we bored yet? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:57:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle - are we bored yet?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Nov 2022 18:55:00
Message: <web.6381558e7dc652cc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> Culling collinear points from each polygon saves time and
> memory, but also enables us to discard polygons with sides over a certain
> length.

And sides under a certain length...   ;)

And with that very cool twist on Voronoi, no, we are definitely not bored yet.

Very cool image - looks like ice jutting up through the ice/snow in the arctic.
With a glass-type texture, you could even use this to make some convincing
crystal growths.   Submerge them in a liquid to make it look like they're
growing out of the mother liquor...

I was looking at a cantaloupe - and the texture is suggestive of a Voronoi - but
it's not.   I'm wondering if we can do the cylinder thing but only partially
outline the cell.

Also, we have not created a point set on the outside of a sphere and made the
Voronoi from those points...   So the next challenge is 3D.