POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Impending Moray Source Release : Re: Impending Moray Source Release Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impending Moray Source Release
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Nov 2022 11:25:00
Message: <web.637f9a09b7839011f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:

> Oh, I know what thing do you said now, thank you.
> What you said is about the transform associate with camera before cast to
> screen...

Yes, but it can affect more than the camera.  You can use a plain camera and
apply those types of transforms to objects or even patterns.   This is sort of
how some pigment patterns are generated, and it's also very much like
uv-mapping, parametrics, Bezier patches, etc.

One of our vectors might not be "x", but "East" as we travel around a globe.

You have your normal x, y, and z as a starting point - the standard orthogonal
unit vectors - but then traveling in the new directions does not result in
travel along the cardinal axes, or even straight lines, because you're following
the path of a different vector or parametric function.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFDu9oVAE-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50Bj7jn9IQ

> I ever derive/coding method of axis rotate by myself.

Yes, that's a good thing to do - the more you understand the basics, the less
mysterious the more complicated stuff seems to be.