POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Impending Moray Source Release : Re: Impending Moray Source Release Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:55:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impending Moray Source Release
From: And
Date: 24 Nov 2022 10:10:00
Message: <web.637f87e8b7839016e02c756aa81652d@news.povray.org>

> When we use POV-Ray, we assume that the basis vectors for the Euclidian space we
> are modeling in, are defined as:
> x = <1, 0, 0>
> y = <0, 1, 0>
> z = <0, 0, 1>
>
> TdG points out that a "fix" or workaround for scenes made in Moray, which is
> right-handed, is to scale the camera "scale <-1, 0, 0>" in order to "flip" the
> whole scene and make it look correct.
>
> But fundamentally, what you are doing is changing the x basis vector (relatively
> speaking), which affects every point in the 3D space that you are working in,
> and therefore every object built using those coordinates.
>
> Making those basis vectors user-definable at their core would add a maximum
> flexibility.
> In fact, if one really wanted to go nuts, rather than just having scalar values
> in the matrix, one could define some sort of function to warp the entire
> coordinate space.   I know that sounds crazy, and most people will ask, "WHY
> would you want to do that???!", but watch Grant's excellent videos, and you
> might get some ideas.
>

> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/trans/trans_400e.htm
>
> Also check out Grant Sanderson's (3Blue1Brown) excellent series on linear
> algebra.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7RM-ot2NWY

Oh, I know what thing do you said now, thank you.
What you said is about the transform associate with camera before cast to
screen...

I have basic capability with vector and matrix. But fail to understand
eigenvalue/ eigenvector / diagonal matrix

I ever derive/coding method of axis rotate by myself.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'vector3.png' (65 KB)

Preview of image 'vector3.png'