POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : eval_pigment? : Re: eval_pigment? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:44:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: eval_pigment?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 Nov 2022 19:30:00
Message: <web.637ac592287863e91f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:

> Naming functions is often problematic.

It is.   But masking the true nature of what the macro does, and probably
slowing down the scene seems (to me) to be far worse.

Would not a simple one line

function {pigment { Pigment }}

be perfectly adequate, easily enough understood, and encourage greater education
and understanding about how _so many_ thing in POV-Ray really work?

I learned so much, and understood so much more, when I made all the connections
between functions, pigment patterns, isosurfaces, parametrics, and uv-mapping.

Even the recent question about interpolating color_map values is something I
would have never been able to adequately answer, if at all, only a few years
ago.