POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Shallows - Instalment 1/3 : Re: The Shallows - Instalment 1/3 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Shallows - Instalment 1/3
From: s day
Date: 13 Sep 2022 12:10:00
Message: <web.6320aae092dcb1021da6e4f06a8f0b95@news.povray.org>
A good image Thomas, I look forwards to seeing Instalment 2 and 3.

I like the composition of the scene, especially the background/hills/houses
trees (which I have never thought of using media for, the effect looks good).

It could be the distance of the giant but I would have expected his lower half
to maybe be beneath the clouds (although it isn't in your reference image so
probably intentional).

My main criticism would be some of the textures on the train, the top of the
roof looks great but the wheels look too clean/smooth. I know that part of the
wheel is pretty smooth/polished but it looks a bit plastic rather than metal.
Whereas the top of the track looks correct.

Also, given how rusty the top of the roof looks the rest of the train looks
untarnished.

Sean