POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Website/forum link colors : Re: Website/forum link colors Server Time
17 Apr 2024 21:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Website/forum link colors
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Aug 2022 19:15:00
Message: <web.62fad35bb0b8b9891f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> It seems that for accessibility reasons, the colours in use should not be
> closely related, but should be (as Bald Eagle says) "easily
> differentiated".  Two different shades of blue for people with various
> colour-blindness could be problematic.  I don't have such an impairment,
> but the two different shades of blue are still pretty difficult to
> distinguish at a glance.

Didn't think of a color blindness issue.   Of course, one wonders what all of
the POV-Ray renders would look like in that case.   :O
("POV-Ray undergrad ...   put down that beer and get over here, I have a project
for you...")

I think a complicating factor is that the alternating "ledger" highlighting
colors are white and blue - which enhances the contrast enough in some cases,
and washes it out in others.

I am still perplexed as to why it "suddenly" happened when switching to a new
system.   The HP V241 was usually the "nice" monitor with the rich, vibrant
colors and better contrast in comparison to the laptop monitor(s).  Now it's all
I'm using, but I don't recall ever seeing the issue when using it as a dual
display and moving the browser window over to the external monitor.   It's
puzzling.