POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cyclone fence : Re: cyclone fence Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:59:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cyclone fence
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Aug 2022 13:55:00
Message: <web.62fa87a6c97524821f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> I often tend to forget to visit when in need of some object or other. It
> is an incredible collection which I increasingly address for my own
> benefit. Friedrich's death in 2017 has been a great loss for all of us,
> but first of all for Andrea of course.

Yes, there's _SO_ much stuff that he's done, that some of the info inevitably
gets pushed off the end of the grey-matter memory stack.

I would concur about his loss - on both points.   As much as those of us who
only knew him from his technical accomplishments and contributions felt his
loss, Andrea must have suffered a loss a million times larger.  They certainly
seemed to be a team who shared many interests and worked together on many common
projects.

That said, I would like to again petition the site manager(s) to create a
special section where an independent archive Of Friedrich Lohmueller's work can
be accessed in its entirety.

As Mike Williams' website is down, and no one has heard from him in quite some
time, I fear that he also has passed on.  The full archive of his invaluable
work ought be made fully available again here as well.

There are also a number of interesting repositories of work that have been lost
due to any number of reasons, and likely would make a handsome addition to a
special archive section of the website.  Chris Colefax comes immediately to
mind, and surely there are others....