POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fit imported image to screen : Re: fit imported image to screen Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fit imported image to screen
From: 6digit
Date: 21 Jul 2022 14:00:00
Message: <web.62d993435cc658d24eb0f47cfb08dd02@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "6digit" <eob### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > please i would like help with an issue I have.
>
> "below I have posted ... the current code i have"
>
> well, most code, probably, I need a '#version' and things, too, to make POV-Ray
> happy ;-).  have included an alternative to m@b's suggestion, fwiw.
>

> regards, jr.
>

> -----<snip>-----
> #version 3.8;
>
> global_settings {assumed_gamma 1}
>
> // dims, divided by 1000.
> #declare w_ = 2.752;
> #declare h_ = 4.896;
>
> // map.
> #declare p_ = pigment {
>   image_map {png "6dig.png" once map_type 0 interpolate 2}
> };
>
> // lights, camera, action.
>
> light_source {<-1,1,-1>*1000 color srgb 1 parallel}
>
> camera {
>   location <w_/2,h_/2,-15>
>   right x * (w_/h_)
>   up y
>   look_at <w_/2,h_/2,0>
> }
>
> box {
>   0, <w_,h_,.1>
>   texture {
>     pigment {p_}
>     scale <w_,h_,1>
>   }
> }
> -----<snip>-----

good evening so i created a series of cylinders using the following code
sphere_sweep {
    linear_spline
    5,
    <image_width,image_height, 5>, 0.5
    <image_width, image_height, 6>, 0.5
    <image_width, image_height, 7>, 0.5
    <image_width, image_height, 8>,0.5
    <image_width, image_height, 9>,0.5
    tolerance 0.1
    scale 0.9
    //rotate<0.0169,0.5644,3.0455>

  }
i want to overlay this image over the image imported to pov ray. i have 2 issues
tho the first been
1. it seems the cylinders are behind the image ? how do i bring them foward in a
way they can seen as an intergral part of the scene. secondly how do i put them
in the x and y plane