POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : vrotate question : Re: vrotate question Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:09:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vrotate question
From: jr
Date: 21 Jul 2022 13:15:00
Message: <web.62d98877132fa4421be3cd4b6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:

(thanks for swift reply)

> You moved the point along the x axis then rotated it by 45 degrees in x.
> The 45 degree rotation has no effect as the point is still at y = 0, z = 0

no visible effect for the first point, agree, but I thought the rotation would
(should!) still exist and propagate when subsequent points are calculated.

the next question, then, is how to specify a point <5,0,0> and corresponding
vrotate()s to give me two separate X-axis rotations (as I tried with the two
rotation vectors)?  do I have to pre-compute some point not-on-axis beforehand,
or is there a "clean" way?

regards, jr.