POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Minimum Distance Function : Re: Minimum Distance Function Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:00:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimum Distance Function
From: jceddy
Date: 13 Jul 2022 11:20:00
Message: <web.62cee1896fb4e448864166f75d51d79c@news.povray.org>
> faces/triangles in GTS are made from edges, so, an extra "layer".  agree re bug
> hunt, running your points through both implementations should provide useful
> info.

I found and fixed the kd-tree bug. So now it is correctly returning the nearest
vertex to the test point.

So my algorithm tests all triangles that use the nearest vertex, and then
calculates the minimum distance to each triangle, keeping the smallest of those.

It seems that this part is now not returning quite the correct minimum distance,
so I have to focus on that part next.