POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Wood design program test version : Re: Wood design program test version Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:39:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood design program test version
From: jr
Date: 12 Jul 2022 07:35:00
Message: <web.62cd5afe4b788a981be3cd4b6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

(it is a day for "bugs", it seems :-))

"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> > Next, I shall try to give my views/ideas on the layout, comprehensive
> > use, etc, of the application.

tells me it works on MS Windows, but not (for me) on Linux (like 'rtr' </sigh>).

after exiting the program and changing into the 'example1' directory, POV-Ray
does not like the spaces in the file name, so when:

  $ povparse +i"show tree function.pov"

Problem with option setting
/usr/local/bin/povray-3.8.0-beta.2 +w32 +h32 -d -f -p -gr -gs +ishow tree
function.pov
Failed to parse command-line option

another error occurs because the 'pretrace_*' settings depend on image size, eg
with the (small) WxH settings above.

however, file renamed and using a large enough WxH, I get another error.  not
even sure what the problem is supposed to be (since the code looks kosher (to
the untutored eye)):

File 'functions.inc' line 9: Parse Warning: Scene language version changed after
 a 'default' statement. The changes in defaults normally associated with the
 language version change are not applied.
File 'example1_angular_shape_factor.inc' line 10: Possible Parse Error:
 Suspicious identifier found in function! If you want to call a function make
 sure the function you call has been declared. If you call an internal function,
 make sure you have included 'functions.inc'.
File 'example1_angular_shape_factor.inc' line 10: Parse Error: Expected
 'operator', ( found instead
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

regards, jr.