POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Wood program but still develop : Re: Wood program but still develop Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:57:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood program but still develop
From: And
Date: 15 May 2022 11:00:00
Message: <web.6281144d5b6ed24a7adfb56aa81652d@news.povray.org>
I'm satisfied with this one, but with heavier coverage it is not so natural.
And variety for the height is a problem (I cancelled the original form, the new
one is list-to-do).

I found pigment_map should be a better method to composite the base color with
the thin fiber. Thus the fiber can be a darker color than the base. I still use
the 'average', but I will rewrite it.

If the output pigment want to maintain the fiber length, wood heart is another
challenge, I have tried some method, but no perfect one.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'show tree function test bumps l0.01 thickness0.07year near.png' (1759 KB)

Preview of image 'show tree function test bumps l0.01 thickness0.07year near.png'
show tree function test bumps l0.01 thickness0.07year near.png