POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : using 'object pattern' as media : Re: using 'object pattern' as media Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:49:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using 'object pattern' as media
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 May 2022 19:00:00
Message: <web.627d8ffeac9c0ae12eadabda6e066e29@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I absolutely love this technique. I tried something similar a few years
> a go, but my results were not convincing so I had given up.
>
> Very very interesting,

Thank you Paolo.

Here is another example, just emission media. I used an old CSG human model that
I made years ago (all of its parts are 'merged' for use as the  object-pattern).
I first made a CSG difference of it with a slightly smaller-scaled version, to
create a very thin 'shell'. When heavy warp{turbulence...} is applied, it looks
like wispy tendrils that are volumetric in 3-D. I had to use a very high
'samples' value for this.  The result looked like a nebula-- so I added a
spaceship! The background is a darkened photo of a real nebula.

I made an animation of this, with the camera moving through the media. I will
post it to my previous newsgroup thread in p.b.animations.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'nebula_construction.jpg' (108 KB)

Preview of image 'nebula_construction.jpg'
nebula_construction.jpg