POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moonlight : Re: Moonlight Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moonlight
From: Mr
Date: 5 May 2022 09:50:00
Message: <web.6273d51997e5606316086ed06830a892@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> "Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:

> > > I find them pretty convincing indeed. Especially the moonlight. Maybe I
> > > would prefer a scene where the moonlight would shine over a larger area
> > > of the scene (floor, parts of wall, etc) leaving less pitch black
> > > volumes of space in the scene, but I understand this is a wip and I wait
> > > for further developments. Very promising indeed.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thomas
> >
> > When I rendered this as 1920x1080, I realized I had the camera in the wrong
> > position, (forgot to account for a "floor thickness"), so the camera was too low
> > below the edge of the table.  It showed up much worse in the 16:9 aspect ratio.
> >
> > Here is a version that fixes that, and makes it much less dark.
> >

> > -- Chris R.
> One last post on this project and then I'm moving on to something else.  This is
> a view with the door open and a hall light on, and I added camera blur roughly
> simulating a 50mm lens at f/4.
>

> -- Chris R.

Easier to say than do, but I feel that is too bad you leave it aside, as the
potential for a hall of fame level pic is there ! the hardest part of lighting
is now PERFECT. We can really feel the time of night and moonshine tone keeping
brain awake.Softness of the shadows is really well underlining all that.  There
are only strange fireflies and too fractal looking materials for chess pawns.
But thanks for sharing that awesome work anyway !