POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sailing ship Balclutha : Re: Sailing ship Balclutha Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:47:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
From: Ton
Date: 3 May 2022 19:40:00
Message: <web.6271bcacbeadc5ebad1330e67597fb06@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the compliment, Thomas. I do tinker, change, before satisfied. The
main thing is to make up your mind and say, okay, this is it! Some sample,
close-up renders, yes, it looks good, done, Otherwise you're never finished. I'm
not a perfectionist in the sense that everything has to be the correct size up
to the millimeter, or 1/16 of an inch (this is an imperial ship, after all). I
don't think I would have the patience, or stamina, to do your work on the
granites,
The decks are finished, there are not many structures on deck. The maindeck has
some quarters and the carpenters shop. The aftdeck has a chart house, the
steering wheel is outside. There are a couple of things on the deck, like
britts, fife rails, railing, and then the masts with all the rigging. So still
plenty to do.
Attached are close-ups of the foredeck and aftdeck from the maindeck.

Cheers
Ton.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: