POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Math expressions in text : Re: Math expressions in text Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math expressions in text
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Jan 2022 18:25:00
Message: <web.61d4d74973c36b761f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Subrahmanyam Pattamatta" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I wonder if there is a way to insert mathematical expressions as text into the
> figure (example: say latex symbols $\alpha + \beta = 0$) directly into the scene
> file or do I have to render the image in POV-Ray, save it to .png and later cut
> and paste latex equations into the .png file ?

You can likely do anything you'd like, but as clipka would say, just keep in
mind that POV-Ray is a raytracer and not a word-processor or equation editor.

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/all_shapes/shapes604e.htm

So, just choose whatever font you want to use, and you can arrange your text and
symbols however you'd like. You may have to "draw" your own symbols using
cylinders, segments of tori, etc, and use scaling to get them to look right, but
it's doable.

You may also benefit from jr's tabulated macro to make tables and arrange the
terms of your equations that way.

https://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.610402268669d715e0fed26cde94f1@news.povray.org%3E/

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C610444e7@news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.610564b1d66467d55e0fed26cde94f1%40news.povray.org%3E/