POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Holey Cube puzzle animation : Re: Holey Cube puzzle animation Server Time
17 Apr 2024 21:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holey Cube puzzle animation
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Jan 2022 20:50:00
Message: <web.61d255b5d3c0a49b1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Eriban" <pov### [at] spamgourmetcom> wrote:
> To move as many parts in parallel without any parts colliding, a greedy scheduling
> algorithm is used together with a basic collision detection algorithm.

Wow - that's ambitious, in and of itself!

(http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3CXns940C86DC9B1D4None%40204.213.191.226%3E/)
> as starting point. It was a good start, but I had to fix a few bugs.

But of course you did!  ;)
Next we know, you'll be into Octonions and hanging out with Cohl Furey...

> The updated
> file can be found on GitHub, alongside all other source code used to create the
> animation:
> https://github.com/erwinbonsma/HoleyCubeAnimation
>
> Anyway, enough talk. Here's the link to the video:
> https://youtu.be/nSJAEyxExLY

Wow - as if the earlier puzzle videos weren't impressive enough - now you have
everything dancing and oscillating with the musical score...

.... and of course you had to expand on the original puzzle so that it could be
fractally extended out to infinity.

What's next?  4D puzzles?

Great job as always - glad to see a new puzzle, and one that is impressive on so
many levels as well  :)

- Bill