POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring : Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:01:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 28 Dec 2021 16:50:00
Message: <web.61cb85506041c67040964eff89db30a9@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 27/12/2021 03:46, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> >>
> >> Ok, I see.
> >
> > What I did not notice was that you've used a logarithmic scale for y-axis.
> >
> > That could explain the differences. Sorry.
>

> Yes, I used a logarithmic scale for this image.This is really not a good
> idea. In fact the use of logarithms comes from my previous frameworks
> for visualizing complex functions in 2D.

I have now made a couple of rendering of this function with both the natural
logarithm and the base 10 logarithm of the magnitude.

It looks like your rendering was done with the base 10 logarithm. The attached
rendering was done with the natural logarithm.

It seems to me that using a logarithmic scale can sometimes reveal some extra
information also in 3D.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'klps function _ ln.png' (244 KB)

Preview of image 'klps function _ ln.png'
klps function _ ln.png