POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring : Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 25 Dec 2021 04:10:00
Message: <web.61c6deeb6041c670c7449d78e0f8c582@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> Do you mean the repeating gradient ?

> larger than 1 get their integer part zeroed.
>
> Then, it's mapped to a 0..0.5 range.
>
> It could look something like this :
> colour_map{
>  [0 hsv2rgb(<Hvalue, 1, 0>)]
>  [1 hsv2rgb(<Hvalue, 1, 0.5>)]
>    }

I mean, looking at the bottom-left corner, or the concentric pattern in the cut
at the top of the singularities, I see it as a superposition of several
surfaces. Also, the shape of the singularities seems to have slight steps, at
the border of what I believe to be each layer. But the more I look at it the
more I feel like I'm just completely confused by the repeating colour pattern
and the shape of the isosurface... which makes this image even more intriguing
:-)

Pascal