POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Celtic knots : Re: Celtic knots Server Time
18 Apr 2024 00:57:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Celtic knots
From: Mediat
Date: 23 Dec 2021 03:55:00
Message: <web.61c4387c9e179f6611d3eb285020ebe1@news.povray.org>
> Well done!
>
> Having done something similar a few weeks ago I'm curious to know how you've
> implemented it. Can you give more details ?

Hi Pascal,

I'll be glad to answer every question you have, basically I used the algorithm
described on page 33 of https://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~v1ranick/knots/celtic.pdf to
build an array of "codes" (1= left, 2= up, 4=right, 8= down) each code + (i+j)%2
(where i and j are the coordintes in the array),  gives the kind of brick and
its orientation.

for instance the array of the lower left knot is :

3 2 2 2 2 6
1 0 0 0 4 5
1 0 0 0 4 5
5 1 0 0 0 4