POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to ... : Re: How to ... Server Time
23 Apr 2024 02:50:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to ...
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Nov 2021 12:05:00
Message: <web.61a26434d5fe89401f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> But I'm still struggling with the color story.

You're doing exactly the right things for your geometry.   Make sure you get the
normals set correctly for the smooth_triangles, so you get a nice smooth
surface.
Let me know if you're struggling there - I got it right a while back after
struggling with that myself - for the Bezier patch paper, IIRC.

What I was trying to suggest in my first post was:

"By using the texture_list it is possible to specify a texture per triangle or
even per vertex in the mesh. In the latter case the three textures per triangle
will be interpolated. To let POV-Ray know what texture to apply to a triangle,
the index of a texture is added to the face_indices list, after the face index
it belongs to.

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.7.1/68/

scroll down to:

1.3.2.2.3 A separate texture per triangle

Presumably POV-Ray will interpolate the textures across the triangle surface
between the 3 vertices.

For anything more advanced that you may need, I'd suggest looking at hgpovray38
by Jerome Grimbert (LeForgeron)
https://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron#Which_colourspace_.3F

- Bill