POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent Objects Become Black : Re: Transparent Objects Become Black Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent Objects Become Black
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Nov 2021 16:35:00
Message: <web.619d5e2328696f324cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>

> fresnel being on in a many v3.8 finish
> features will cause the negative negative ior values to be treated as
> positive ones. In other words, only the ior magnitude then matters.

Wow, that's...strange. I didn't know. Good detective work.

> Also FWIW. In the most recent povr branch tarball there is a file called
> albedoFresnelStory.txt in the doc directory with a great deal of finish
> related detail - should anyone be interested...

I would definitely like to read that. Could you post a link to it, here or
elsewhere? I thought I had various links to your povr stuff, but can't find
them. (They might be on my previous Win 7 machine, which is down at the moment.)
I actually couldn't find any povr/Github reference on the web at all, even with
a detailed Google search(!)