POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Grumpy Old Man! : Re: Grumpy Old Man! Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:40:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grumpy Old Man!
From: Mr
Date: 22 Nov 2021 05:20:00
Message: <web.619b6dbeab07824c16086ed03f378f2@news.povray.org>
"Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Here's my rant:
> (Trigger)
> The triangular pattern is a block pattern that generates a repeating pattern of
> triangles in the x-z plane.
> (WHAT?)
>
>  The 'x-z plane' and the 'y-z plane' and others in the documents has finally got
> to me.
>
> I had to say something. For years I just let pass by, I knew what it meant.
> I know someone else must have said something earlier.(I couldn't find it!)
>
> So to blow off some steam, Here I am!
>
> The basic planes in are POV 3D world is x and y and z only.
> Strictly speaking the x-z plane is a set of points that x-z=0 make a funky
> plane.
> Just use in the plane object. See what you get!
>
> I know it's just the old docs but it's annoying. And I guess the older I get the
> more annoying it is.
>
> OK, I feel better, time to go back rendering.
>
> Have Fun!

Hello, sorry if I missed something in other discussions, but theoretically there
is no such thing as an old documentation, is there? Maybe you should point all
places that make you feel that way? In the discussion page of the source for the
very topic you mention, a pointer to here was just added so discussion can go on
either here or there, but some propositions need to be made /validated:

https://wiki.povray.org/content?title=Reference_Talk:Triangular_Pattern&action=edit&redlink=1

Thanks a lot for suggesting such improvements.