POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent Objects Become Black : Re: Transparent Objects Become Black Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:33:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent Objects Become Black
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 Nov 2021 16:15:00
Message: <web.619ab60d28696f324cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> I've experienced with negative ior. That makes the surface behave as if
> it had
> finish{ reflection 1 }

That's an interesting observation. With my own tests here, I was not sure a
'negative' ior was having any effect when lower than 0.5-- until I re-positioned
the crystal and camera 'just so'. Then I could see at least my sphere inclusion
subtly changing its appearance as the ior decreased. But as a practical matter,
the more negative it goes, the less of a visual change there is.