POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Grumpy Old Man! : Grumpy Old Man! Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:10:59 EDT (-0400)
  Grumpy Old Man!
From: Leroy
Date: 21 Nov 2021 13:35:00
Message: <web.619a911d93f23f0364d48033f712fc00@news.povray.org>
Here's my rant:
(Trigger)
The triangular pattern is a block pattern that generates a repeating pattern of
triangles in the x-z plane.
(WHAT?)

 The 'x-z plane' and the 'y-z plane' and others in the documents has finally got
to me.

I had to say something. For years I just let pass by, I knew what it meant.
I know someone else must have said something earlier.(I couldn't find it!)

So to blow off some steam, Here I am!

The basic planes in are POV 3D world is x and y and z only.
Strictly speaking the x-z plane is a set of points that x-z=0 make a funky
plane.
Just use in the plane object. See what you get!

I know it's just the old docs but it's annoying. And I guess the older I get the
more annoying it is.

OK, I feel better, time to go back rendering.

Have Fun!