POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Floors, rails, stairs and roofs : Floors, rails, stairs and roofs Server Time
29 Mar 2024 00:55:15 EDT (-0400)
  Floors, rails, stairs and roofs
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Nov 2021 19:01:06
Message: <web.6189b2714b4abd7bb96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
Been doodling.

I'm not even sure if I had anything specific in mind when I started this, it was
a what-if situation that sort of ran away with itself. It's only partially
parametrized, so not yet something that could easily be deployed into a more
coherent scene.

It's basically a field of cells with some simple rules governing each cell's
contents, initial placement based on arbitrary geometry. I'd say at least half
the code is concerned with the stairs. It could be adapted to make balconies,
galleries or battlements for buildings... another half-finished tool for the
toolbox :)

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: