POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : filter transmit only with 256 color depth : Re: filter transmit only with 256 color depth Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: filter transmit only with 256 color depth
From: Adam C
Date: 19 Oct 2021 20:15:00
Message: <web.616f5f1ade29d732615b33939ea097e3@news.povray.org>
Looking at;  2.1.2.4 File Output Options here;
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/219/

I should be using PNG and not GIF. OK. However under Output File Type is says;
"The default output depth for all formats is 8 bits/color".

So my questions is, how can I specify a 256-bit PNG as the output file type? It
looks like the option +Fxn,  +FP256   Am I on the right track here? Will give
that a try now.

Thank you.