POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray 3.8.0-Beta2 on Raspberry Pi 3B with 64-bit Beta OS : Povray 3.8.0-Beta2 on Raspberry Pi 3B with 64-bit Beta OS Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3.8.0-Beta2 on Raspberry Pi 3B with 64-bit Beta OS
From: The Traveler
Date: 16 Sep 2021 11:50:00
Message: <web.614367175d00371add31149be3dfee7c@news.povray.org>
Howdy folks,
For those interested in such things, I've loaded the recent "lite" version of
the 64-bit Raspberry Pi OS from here:
https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_lite_arm64/images/raspios_lite_arm64-2021-05-28/?fbclid=IwAR3U8Yr-_-L2kbiCVuL
02GQpQISc09irP6I7rwnzhDg0bUgl680Dhw8I5hE
on a Raspberry Pi 3B. I then compiled and installed the recent Povray beta:
https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-beta.2?fbclid=IwAR2rRfnIyWU1YpTWS9pX8DOpCzCRRIutbhLvDoVEYXSsVXEE2
gUl-yDWwdc

As I run the RPi3B "headless" and didn't need the screen graphics output, I ran
.../configure --without-x --without-libsdl It took about an hour to compile and
I had no problems. I then rendered the abyss.pov file found in Scenes/Advanced
for a test using the stock settings, no tweaks. It took 60 secs to render at
800x600.

While the RPi3B won't set any speed records for rendering, it should work fine
as a "render node" in a rendering farm idea I'm tinkering with.