POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Luna, Moon... desert satellite : Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:03:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite
From: Samuel B
Date: 15 Sep 2021 18:35:00
Message: <web.6142747e756c3d5acb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Hi(gh)!

Hi again Jorg. (For some reason the newsgroups web interface won't render
character alt+0246.)

> On 11.09.21 23:17, Samuel B. wrote:
>
> > Yes, I think I can help you with. POV-Ray is the program you need. Just use a
> > red/green map to build a height_field like you normally would.
>
> I just saved the TIFF as a PNG... but did not yet find the time to try a
> rendering!

Well, if you run into any issues, just holler.

> >> Now playing: Love Now Till Eternity (Asia)
> >
> > Cool band! I think my favorite is 'Don't Cry'
>
> Mine is "Cutting it Fine"... but overall, it's just poor man's Yes, I
> prefer the genuine stuff!

I'll check out that other Asia song. I never really noticed any similarities
between them and Yes... but now you've made me curious. Most of the 80s music is
great, IMO.

Sam