POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granite_21 - the final macro : Re: Granite_21 - the final macro Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 - the final macro
From: Samuel B
Date: 13 Sep 2021 19:15:00
Message: <web.613fdb40b21f010ccb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
> Op 10-9-2021 om 22:36 schreef Samuel B.:
> > Oh, that reminds me. I know your specialty is more on the geological side of
> > things, but a great tool has just become available for free: KrystalShaper (
> > http://www.jcrystal.com/products/krystalshaper/ ) It provides a catalog of
> > hundreds of minerals, plus tools to analyze and export geometry. Might be worth
> > checking out.
> >
> Nice little program indeed! Thanks. Wulff-nets, ha! That was not really
> my cup of tea... ;-)

I don't even know a Wulff net is. But based on its appearance, I'm guessing it's
some sort of mapping between HKL indices and a sphere. Maybe it's a clue to help
me convert HKL values to planes...

> The output could be the basis for crystal renders of quality. Not much
> time at the moment, but I keep in mind.

What's your camera aspect there? The crystal looks stretched vertically.

It is a cool program, I just wish I could figure out my HKL issues so I can do
more with it. (My previous searches didn't turn up much useful info, or maybe I
wasn't comprehending what I saw...)

Sam