POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Happy (?) 4th anniversary : Re: Happy (?) 4th anniversary Server Time
18 Apr 2024 02:10:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy (?) 4th anniversary
From: Samuel B
Date: 11 Sep 2021 18:50:00
Message: <web.613d3177e6d8c1bdcb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
> (...) ; but after he gave our governor that field promotion, I wondered if
> "not my president" was accurate for me after all.

As far as I'm concerned, all US presidents are just faces. Nothing major changes
under different administrations, except for maybe things gradually getting
worse. Sure, the people get a bone thrown their way occasionally and we still
have certain rights and benefits... but the tiny policy changes only seem like
moves to placate the populace while the higher-ups continue to do what they've
always done behind the scenes (e.g. make war and favor corporations over the
people).

> The electricity is stable for now.  But this will happen again.  It
> always does.

Glad to hear things are back to normal, more or less. Here's to hoping it stays
stable.

> We got a generator after the storms, but due to our endemic power
> problems, it got run into the ground.  We are in the process of
> installing a new generator.  More specifically, my brother is
> supervising installation, which is to say it will take at least 10 times
> longer than estimated.

Haha, well at least it's getting done, right? :D

Personally, I have no practical electrical knowledge. Fortunately for my family,
though, my brother recently set up a generator that was gifted to us. This will
be the first winter we've had one. With any luck we won't have to burn candles
this year.

> My car can recharge the phone.

What's a car anyway, but but a portable gennie? ;)

Sam