POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Luna, Moon... desert satellite : Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:40:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite
From: Samuel B
Date: 11 Sep 2021 16:50:00
Message: <web.613d15f7756c3d5acb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
> Op 11/09/2021 om 02:36 schreef Samuel B.:
> > "Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > (...) Maybe POV-Ray is mishandling the tiff file?
> >
> And if you save the tiff as tga or png (using IC which I prefer), what
> happens?

Well, if I save it as a png file it gets /fixed/, that's what happens! Thanks
Thomas :D

The attached is what the POV-Ray render looks like now.

What's IC, btw? Did you mean IV aka IrfanView? I use that for many things, but
in this case it didn't help the situation whatsoever. Maybe I'm using it wrong.
Instead I used GIMP and exported the image to a png file with some options
enabled.

TL;DR: use GIMP to convert NASA's tiff files to a 16-bit png file using the
16bpc GRAY pixel format :)

Sam

P.S. I still wonder if POV-Ray is mishandling 16-bit grayscale tiff files...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'moon-success.jpg' (69 KB)

Preview of image 'moon-success.jpg'