POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GitHub discourages organization : Re: GitHub discourages organization Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:02:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GitHub discourages organization
From: acasta
Date: 9 Sep 2021 04:35:00
Message: <web.6139c4318d83f6d1d0cc66f77852e332@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:

> Do they have a version for GNU/Linux?  I can't find one on their website.

They don't, the only supported systems are Windows and Mac.
You might have a look at Git Extensions, it should run on GNU/Linux with mono:
https://gitextensions.github.io/

It also has a nice interface (even if the SourceTree one is better).
I am using it on Windows, I have abandoned SourceTree as it used to become
extremely slow after some upgrade cycles, and Git Extensions functionality is
more than enough for my use.

Submodules are supported; subtrees, however, are not.

By the way, I'm back here after very very long time and it's very nice to see
POV-Ray progress and the new beta!
Thank you all for the efforts put in this project!