POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Granite_21 - the final macro : Re: Granite_21 - the final macro Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 - the final macro
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Sep 2021 14:30:00
Message: <web.61350bd5b21f010c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> One way or another, the whole POV-Ray community has contributed to the
> initiation and building of this macro. Two people need special thanks:
> Bald Eagle, who on a regular basis asked relevant questions and
> contributed significant solutions. He was instrumental too in the
> writing of the documentation which is why he co-authors this document.
> The second person is jr. He guided me through the css and html arcane
> knowledge during the building of the web pages.

Thanks, Thomas.  You've done a masterful job with your implementation of so many
features into this material {}, and I think this is a surface texturing example
that is very thorough and professional.   Hopefully it inspires further
development of other challenging textures and materials, and maybe a revisiting
of other excellent textures developed by some of the very talented members of
the POV-Ray community over the years.

jr is a real workhorse, with an impressive skill set, and a thirst for attacking
new projects with gusto.  I'm glad the three of us got to network and
collaborate on this so that the whole package - macro, example scenes, and
documentation are as good as we could make them given the usual constraints of
time and energy.

> One thing is still missing though: a comprehensive HowTo for building
> your own granites materials.

It will be interesting to see how others come up with independent methods of
constructing new patterns and color maps.  You've already created quite a
selection of nice materials to serve as examples of how it all works.

> Because I am already thinking about Granites_22.

But of course you are  :D