POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Apollonia gasket tree : Re: Apollonia gasket tree Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apollonia gasket tree
From: Samuel B
Date: 4 Sep 2021 17:35:00
Message: <web.6133e562b162c6b2cb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <IsN### [at] protonmailch> wrote:
> "Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm mainly just checking in to say hi. And to: give a belated happy 30th
> > anniversay to POV-Ray and team; a welcome to any newcomers; a welcome back to
> > those who had left temporarily; and a rest-in-peace to those who have left for
> > good -_- May we always create forever.
> >
> > Sam
>

> Yep, happy thirtieth anniversary and thank you to the POV-Ray
> programmers/creators! Life is better with POV-Ray!
>
> Kind regards,
> Dave Blandston
> Suggested motto: "With POV-Ray anything is possible, but nothing is easy"

Hi Dave,

Lol. It's rarely easy, haha. But other programs have their issues, too. Blender,
for instance... You can't easily make complex 3D objects using nodes or shaders
at
the moment, and rolling something like an Apollonian gasket in some other
environment is likely to give you an even harder time. (Except maybe GLSL and
HLSL.)

It's crazy that it's been 30 years already. I didn't find out about POV-Ray
until the late 90s. Except maybe before that, when I saw Tandy Color Computer
magazine that featured an image made with a raytracer. Classic reflective
spheres over a checkered plane. I wouldn't be surprised if it was DKB Trace, but
I can't find any info currently.

Take care,

Sam