POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Domenator, last version : Re: Domenator, last version Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:29:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Domenator, last version
From: Mediat
Date: 31 Aug 2021 06:25:00
Message: <web.612e02f73965e4e8d1712a2a5020ebe1@news.povray.org>
Hi Thomas,

> Ah! OK. Confusing indeed, especially as the *.DOM file goes into the
> same directory as the exe.

I'm not prood of this part, but I'm open to suggestion

> Also, saved *.DOM files when loaded again, do not show the originally
> saved object, but a default half sphere.

I never experienced that, can you pack the DOM files in a Zip and I'll have a
look;

> I am confused about the 'Materials'(and the objects). Do I have to use
> the same names as those given in the droplist for WireFrame/Flat Faces/
> Smooth Faces? Whether I do that or not, no materials are exported, nor
> is the geometry subdivided according to different materials. In Poseray,
> I get one unnamed_group (a half sphere) with one unnamed_material
> (white), whatever I do.

You can use any name, the material is not generated, just used, so you must
define the material used before the include

> Hmmm... I am unable to reproduce this...

I noticed no problem, but I will create a "complete" sample

Best regards

Philippe