POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Beach Scene : Re: Beach Scene Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:57:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beach Scene
From: Chris R
Date: 16 Jul 2021 09:30:00
Message: <web.60f188e9115c8a23c40c4ef25cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
> On 7/15/21 10:46 AM, Chris R wrote:
> >
> > Thanks ahead of time for any comments and suggestions for improvements.
> >

> Nice. Extra points for the missing slat on one of those vents. ;-)
>
> There is a dark spot on one of the clouds which looks unnatural to me.
>
> I'm no beach expert but expect a little more spacing between huts and a
> somewhat more even spacing.
>
> Bill P.

Thanks!

The clouds are generated with a macro called Stacked_Planes_Clouds that I found
a while ago.  I haven't figured out why that dark spot is showing up yet.

The hut spacing is actually pretty close to the original photo I based this on.
There are a number of beaches that sport these kinds of huts and they are always
packed close together to maximize the number that can be sold!  The "lots" are
all the same size on these beaches, and in this one there are single and
double-wide huts, so the spacing is a bit irregular.

Chris R.