POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to get the light intenity that hits a surface? : How to get the light intenity that hits a surface? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  How to get the light intenity that hits a surface?
From: Grobi
Date: 16 Jul 2021 09:05:00
Message: <web.60f1833340bf024dbc2b4e9b2dab7b3@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I would like to mis-use POVRAY (or any other tool) a bit to get to the light
intensity that hits a surface of an object.
The original problem comes from design questions of a photocatalyst, where the
incident photons cause a chemical reaction.
So my thinking goes like this: I can construct a scene with the geometry that
holds my catalyst (usually some sort of 3D-grid, mostly cubic), edit the surface
properties of the catalyst in terms of
reflectivity, add a light source and let POVRAY calculate the scene.
What I obviously get is an image of the scene as seen from the camera.
Is there a way to get the intensity of light that hits surfaces that the camera
does not see in such a scene? And then get it in such a way that it can be
evaluated, lets say via ImageJ?

Thanks for any hints!