POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Beach Scene : Beach Scene Server Time
29 Mar 2024 05:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Beach Scene
From: Chris R
Date: 15 Jul 2021 10:50:00
Message: <web.60f04a49a67edc3ec40c4ef25cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
I have been working on this for a few weeks and am about ready to move on, so I
thought I'd share it with the community.  The comments I receive usually end up
in future projects.

This is based on a photo of the back side of a row of colorful beach huts.  In
the original, all of the huts looked like they had been freshly sided and
painted, which wasn't terribly interesting to me, so I decided to age them quite
a bit so I could continue working on my raw-wood textures and aging paint
textures.

The shingles were another new area for me to play with.  I have done tiled roofs
before, but this is my first attempt at a tar-shingled roof.

The foundation posts have a layer of sand on the lee-side; you can sort of see
it in this view.  I have other test views with closeups that look pretty good as
well.

I'm pretty happy with the sandy beach and the random stones.  I thought about
adding some seashells to the mix, but haven't done that yet.

Thanks ahead of time for any comments and suggestions for improvements.

-- Chris R

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scene_2021-07-15_hq.png' (1320 KB)

Preview of image 'scene_2021-07-15_hq.png'
scene_2021-07-15_hq.png